Monday, December 31, 2007

Prucha Sets NHL Record Book On Fire

Anyone who watches the NHL Network particularly late at night has seen the bit about Darryl Sittler's 10 point game. He tells you he usually had a little Bass and Steak as his pregame meal and so on. I found it really cool at first, much happier than the suicide inducing "Don't Give Up" cancer awareness commercial. Don't get me wrong, I fully support cancer awareness, but that tune on that commercial simply has to be the most tear inducing half a bar of music I've ever heard, but seeing it over and over again while watching on the fly has made me think. Wouldn't it be awesome for someone to break Sittler's record? This way they'd stop running that damned piece every 20 minutes. So then inside my little brain, half awake, is what popped into my head. Al Trautwig of MSG Network interviewing Petr Prucha after Prucha not only broke Sittler's record, but also the single game assist and goal records, in the same game.


Al Trautwig: Welcome back everyone to MSG. What a night it was here. Petr Prucha, with his 8 goal and 8 assist night has broken three seemingly unreachable records in one night. He broke Joe Malone's record of 7 goals, Billy Taylor's record of 7 assists and, Darryl Sittler's record for points in a single game. Ah, and here he is joining us in Studio 16, Petr, welcome, quite a game you had.

Petr Prucha: Yah, it was uhh, fun, great night.

AT: I'll say, you gave the Garden crowd quite a thrill. I'm sure you are overcome with excitement right now and it hasn't soaked in yet, but tell me. How huge did Sean Avery come through in helping you achieve what you did tonight?

PP: Whole team was, mmm, great, Aves had goal on power play, I thought was mine but went in off of his helmet, like soccer.

AT: Well yeah and he had an assist on your fifth goal do you remember?

PP: Mmmm not right now.

AT: He had come out of the penalty box and dumped the puck down the ice. Gomez beat out the icing call and found you in the high slot. Anyway, I'm sure you'll remember, as soon as you can sit back and appreciate the moment.

PP: Yah, was great, I always say I not real goal scorer so always is suprise to me when I score goal.

AT: You said that alot during your rookie season and I think people around here are starting to think you were right.

PP: Oh, Ha Ha.

AT: Tell me when Sean Avery came to this team, did you think he would have such a positive effect on your own performance?

PP: Uhh, I don't know, all I really know him from is talking lots of curses and diving from when Jags bump him. Jags had hat trick and two assists tonight and Gomer had goal and 5 assists, G-man and Toots had goals and couple of assists, they play great.

AT: Oh of course they did, and I'll bet you guys are all going out on the town after this one.

PP: Yah, we go to club and have few drinks and dances.

AT: HA! And you know I'll bet if you ask Sean Avery he could get you guys some dates for tonight.

PP: Uhh, maybe, yes.

AT: What did you think, I think it was soon after your tenth point of the night that tied you with Sittler, when the Crowd started the familiar chant of "Ave-Ry Ave-Ry" after he had gotten into the fight he had to complete the Gordie Howe Hat-Trick?

PP: I don't know, we all were suprise he fight with big lead and take instigator too.

AT: Well that is part of his game and these things will happen. As Joe Paterno always says, Boys just being boys.

PP: Joe who?

AT: Haha, doesn't matter, Hey did you ever notice how perfectly Sean Avery's eyes match the home blue of the Rangers jersey?

PP: Umm no have not notice, But I wa...

AT: Sorry to cut you off Peter but John Giannone is standing by down the hall with the man of the hour, Sean Avery. So Peter thank you for joining us here at Studio 16, again congratulations on a great night.

PP: I thought it was studio 11.

AT: We renamed it, cya later.

No comments: